Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
kebechet

Bust Magazine, March 2004

what was screwed up in the url? maybe im not seeing it, other than maybe the hyphen... but i would think that anyone who tried black-phoenixalchemylab and didn't get it to work would try blackphoenixalchemylab... and oh my, all those words smushed together just made my head spin

they did screw up the imp ear cost though, $16/6 instead of $18/6 - talk to debbie/celina hex [bust@aol.com and/or debbie@bust.com] and she'd probably get something on the main mag website correcting it :D

ooh and if you didn't know, you're also linked from bust through the girl wide web

* Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab  - We specialize in formulating all-natural, hand-crafted perfume blends with a dark, romantic Gothic tone. Our blends run the aesthetic gamut of magickal, pagan and mythological blends, Renaissance, Medieval and Victorian formulas, and horror / Gothic-themed scents.  (Added: Mon Oct 13 2003 Hits: 101 Rating: 8.22 Votes: 9) Rate It

but yay for good press! :P

ah! Congratulations on your first press mention (it IS your first right?). What a glowing review. They really did you justice. Glad you're getting some well deserved recognition! :P

Looks like the link's been hyphenated as it's gone over a line-break - that's naughty of whoever edits and proofreads the magazine.

It's a wonderful review though! Here's hoping it brings in just enough (but not too much!) new business for you!

Woohoo! Next stop is the Oprah's Favorite Things in November! I'm ready to start tying vials to help you get ready for the deluge of orders that will bring.

My brother-in-law uses that show to pick what to by for my sister for Christmas...he usually gets her 50% of what she shows on there...My sister is a lucky girl.

BTW, are you interested in having stores carry your oils? I noticed there are a few on the website...my sister is looking at opening up a boutique cosmetics/skincare store along the lines of Sephora, but more intimate and funky. I'd love for her to carry your line! It will be in Bryan/College Station, home of Texas A&M University.

Big hugs and congrats!

Lisa in Austin

Congratulations! I better place an order - you're gonna be swamped! I'm very happy for you! :P

congrats to you and the lab! i imagine you are going to be bombarded with orders! wooohooo!

That is so great!!! What a wonderful review for you! Now you just need to replicate yourself and other team members to keep up!!!

You go Girl!

they did screw up the imp ear cost though, $16/6 instead of $18/6 - talk to debbie/celina hex [bust@aol.com and/or debbie@bust.com] and she'd probably get something on the main mag website correcting it :P

I feel guilty asking them to correct the info. =/ I mean, they were so kind to write the article to begin with, and the blurb is so sweet -- but I'm stressed that people are going to ask for the samples at the magazine's published rate. We're losing money like crazy as it is, and I can't afford to discount the sample sets because of the typo.

Stressing.

I don't think that asking them to run a correction is a big deal. It happens all the time in the publishing industry...especially because people will expect to get that price unless it is corrected.

Hugs,

Lisa in Austin

I feel guilty asking them to correct the info. =/ I mean, they were so kind to write the article to begin with, and the blurb is so sweet -- but I'm stressed that people are going to ask for the samples at the magazine's published rate. We're losing money like crazy as it is, and I can't afford to discount the sample sets because of the typo.

Stressing.

Go ahead and send them a little email about the $16/6 error.

I don't think anyone would hold you to that rate anyhow. It's not a mistake on YOUR website. It's a 3rd party typo.

Don't stress! :P

I feel guilty asking them to correct the info. =/

Don't. They made a factual error that might end up meaning that you lose money, they need to correct it. Their high opinion and the wonderful glowing review won't change, but the details really should be right :P

The only problem is that Bust is quarterly, and poor Elizabeth may be inundated with wrong priced orders before it can get out again. I know we've mentioned it on the Bust boards...

Maybe make a big note on the front page and on the imp's ear pages?

Edited by Laivine

i, too, agree that you should have them correct the amt's. you shouldn't have to absorb the cost of a typo!