Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Hans Printz

Blackened lilac, lavender incense tar, bone sandalwood, labdanum, hemlock accord, and frankincense tears.

Oh wow I'm first? I have my lunacy samples since a month. So they have been well rested.

I thought I must like Agreement - thought it must be dark resinous with a floral touch. No all I get is sweetened florals. Why?? 

No frankincense, no Labdanum, no incense. Bummer 

definitely sweet florals on the forefront. i was worried about the lavender but this seems to be blending really really well with the lilac. neither floral dominates. there’s a very perfumey quality to this so the florals aren’t going soapy or grassy. 

after about 30 min of dry time this has totally morphed from perfumey flowers to sandalwood-frankincense wreathed in leaves. there’s hardly any lilac-lavender from the initial phase on my skin when i sniff the test patch, although i can still smell it on my shirt fabric around my neck area. both phases are equally stunning but definitely a morpher!

On me, this starts out like a baby-oil type of scent that borders on soapy.  Something is happening with the lilac that reminds me of the lab's champaca note and I was surprised to see it's not listed.  I don't smell much if any lavender, it's hiding from me.  

Later as it dries and starts to develop I can smell the sandalwood coming out stronger.  The word "sweet" keeps coming to mind but I'm not sure that's the best description.  It's still close to being soapy but not quite there.  

I like this kind of scent but the only drawback for me is I have a few other scents that are very close to this, even though I am not smelling much lavender here, it reminds me somewhat of School of Silence maybe?  In that general category.  I'll keep this decant and wear it, I think it will be great for spring weather.