Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Jenjin

Tonka Bean, Black Tea, and Leather

Fresh from the mail this smelled like sweet tea, overpowering sweet tea with no leather.

Now that the decant has aged, the leather has blended perfectly with the tonka bean and black tea.

Not too sweet and the leather isn't too dry. So sophisticated.

Do I need another bottle of a leather-based perfume? No

Do I need to upgrade to a bottle of this? Absolutely

This blend was so off of everyone's radar.

It is so sophisticated. I get a clean white leather/ suede with added sweetness from the tonka and some faint black tea in the background. The drydown alludes to being a gourmand scent profile for non-gourmand people.

So good and so happy i blind bought a bottle.

Later on, the sweetness fades away and I'm left with the white leather and some Tonka/ coumarin facets.

Edited by theredkilt

Agreed with both of the above. This is sleek and chic. Polished, spotless leather, strong black tea and airy tonka. Academia vibes for sure. Classy. Good throw and decent wear length! 

Wet on skin and drying down, smooth yet sturdy leather, a spot of non-astringent black tea, and a fair amount of sweetness from the tonka, which is not overtaking but rounding out the edges. Growing up we frequented airshows and military vehicle meetups, and this takes me back to watching dudes in vintage military uniforms, leather boots, leather jackets, helmets, and flight gear hanging out driving their Jeeps and flying their old radials in. However, this is clean and snappy, and agreed, sleek, when all the leather gear was fresh and had yet to see action or a hint of dry rot. This gentlemen keeps his appearance on business. This isn't overtly masculine, per se, it's much more neutral, the tonka softening it considerably, adding a sweet yet sophisticated glow. It's more probably-works-in-a-back-office or an officer's whole vibe as opposed to a vintage cologne. The tonka strengthens as the day goes, so this gets even nicer and wearable as a gal. 

I kinda love this. 🕰📻🪖

Edited by RoseThornAndOak