Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

I only got this perfume yesterday, but I'm in love already.  The most notable scent on dry-down is the kyphi smoke followed by the oud.  It's dark and slithering through smoke.  You do get florals, but they are not overpowering.  I'm a sucker for opoponax in most any blend and the darkness you get shows through.  It's a very warm scent and darkly decadent.

I had to try this for the opium  poppy. The rose is lovely in the bottle, but waffles on turning into rose soap. The poppy and dry oud may be influencing that.

It doesn't take long for the soapy phase to resolve. I get dried rose petals and  smoke from candles and incense along with oud.

Edited by patina

Rose tends to be tricky on me but that's not a problem with The Demonaic as the other notes balances it beautifully. When wet this reminds me of hibiscus tea - it's brisk, almost herbal. This gets darker and more interesting, more complex during drydown. I like resins and labdanum is noticeable. Incense-y kyphi smoke is making this mysterious. On my skin this is not very sweet, I really don't get any honey from the oud. 

The Demonaic is mystical and dark but not at all heavy.