Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Lavender absolute, indigo champaca, Hojari frankincense, cananga flower, agarwood, soft mosses, labdanum absolute, twilight sandalwood, Bengali oud, lime rind, and a drop of cacao absolute.

In the imp I get deep herbal lavender, followed by a bit of clean moss, soft oud, and cananga (ylang ylang). It smells like a summer night after the days heat has gone. On my skin I get the resins and sandalwood, wet it is very woody/resinous. I'm finding the ouds very gentle and non-funky. As it dries the lavender comes out again, the dryness of it blending well with the woods. A bit of richness again from the ylang ylang peaks out and gives it a heady night garden feel.

Edited by roseus

This is mostly about the lavender, champaca, and resins on me throughout wear, on a bed of moss, with a touch of lime. The champaca and resins are pretty smooth, and the oud doesn't isn't an indolic variety. The labdanum does have a flat cola-like quality to it and does end up being one of the dominant resins by the end of the day. I wish I had gotten the cacao from this, but alas.

I don't think I need more of this in my life, but I do think it is a more complex version of the lavender and labdanum scents that the Lab has been releasing as of late. If this sounds good to you, but you're worried about there being oud listed twice here (agarwood and Bengali oud), I think it would still be worth a try. I think for me to love this, there would have to be MOAR CACAO.

In the bottle and wet on it's like being repeatedly beaten by a big bunch of lavender! Once it's dry it starts to behave a bit better and I see the champaca and sandalwood start to make an appearance.

After a couple of hours it's a gorgeous woody resinous scent with a tiny bit of cacoa. It's soft and gentle and comforting, and to me is like smelling the shirt of a loved one.

Wherein loamy lavender blooms, sweetly earthy and aromatic, an amethystine herbaceousness intertwining with the bittersweet floral tang of sour plums. These notes swirl and eddy, pulling you deeper into murky waters of consciousness. From these violet-hazed depths, a citrusy brightness pierces through, guiding the dreamer upward. But as dreams are wont to do, the scene shifts abruptly. The light turns sharp and piercing, transforming into a pair of eyes - emerald as new leaves, stinging and keen. They cut through the dreamy haze, a surreal beacon in the depths. And just as reality seems within grasp, the scent dissolves into phantom wisps of frankincense smoke, curling impossibly through the watery realm.

def lavender heavy when wet. dries to a soft nondescript herbal-floral. the resins definitely seem to be present, giving the florals something to stick to and possibly keeping this blend from veering to far into soapy/medicial territory on me. i was nervous about the lime and cacao notes. on me they're not heavily present, but there is a sweetness that could be due to these notes. overall the vibe is a somewhat clean, sweet, green floral. super well blended. good throw on me but does fade somewhat after a few hours while remaining closer to the skin.