Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A sunny day under the apple tree. I don't get grass so much from this as greenery in general. And that ends up being the strongest note on me. Next is the apple. I don't get the currant, instead I could have sworn this had some type of floral note. Overall the scent is soft and sweet, reminding me of both of fresh apples and apple blossoms. The greenery of the scent and the apple combine together and bring to mind a day spent under an apple tree, the tree itself and wild grasses and flowers softened under sunlight.

I was reminded of The Solitude of Springtime from last year's Lupers. In comparison, this scent is softer and trades some of its apple/citrus for more greenery.

Fest der Bogenschützen is all about the green apple and the crushed green grass on me. I am not able to detect any red currant whatsoever. The green apple is a true green apple that doesn't remind me of jolly ranchers or shampoo.

I deathmatched this against The Garden of the Hesperides. That one features a sweeter golden apple and the grass is more noticeable in this scent than the greenery was in that scent.

This was absolutely glorious the first time I tested it (on the back of my hand), but it went wonky on my during the second test when I deathmatched it. I'm not sure why. I'm going to have to give it a full-day slather and see how it goes. If I don't get any wonkiness from a full-day slather, then there will likely be a bottle in my future (even though I have way too many apple scents, I don't think I have a true green apple like this in my collection). This is my favorite of the Surely You Jest scents that I tried.

Edited by doomsday_disco