Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
doomsday_disco

Medieval Fool Breaking the Fourth Wall

Addressing you directly, dear reader, with this important message: NYAHHHH!! Cheeky blackcurrant against a backdrop of scorched goat’s milk, festooned with ribbons of scarlet musk, dried plum, and sweet rose-infused amber.

Tart berries and scorched milk. The blackcurrant-plum duo is the strongest on me, reading a little more deep than I'd expect from blackcurrant alone. Scorched milk is right. The milk note has an almost metallic tang to it, and reminds me of milk heated up a little too long in the microwave. I get a hint of the scarlet musk and rose amber. Overall, the scent is red, coming off more like redcurrant dominated than red musk. And the rose amber softens the scent, as opposed to being noticeable on its own. I'm reminded of Knave of Hearts, though I recall that being more foodie than this one. I think it might be the scorched milk note that takes it a little away from gourmand for me, at the very least makes it less sugary sweet than Knave of Hearts.

The black currant is the main note I get from this one from the start. I get subtle hints of the dried plum and scorched goats milk. The goats milk to me is quite sweet and almost caramelized. The first time I tried this one I was sure I could smell caramel but it wasn't as strong the last couple of times I've worn this. Later on I smell the rose infused Amber, which is really pretty and goes nicely with the black currant. I can't really pick out the red musk and I wouldn't describe this as a musky scent. To me it is primarily black currant with the goats milk, rose amber and a little dried plum.