Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
doomsday_disco

Masala Chai Beard Oil

Assam and Darjeeling tea, milk, and jaggery with a blend of cardamom, ginger, cinnamon, star anise, pepper, and fennel seed.

I have experienced a minor tragedy with this beard oil, it smells lovely in the bottle, just as I would expect from the description. These are often winning notes on me! I expected it would go well.

It doesn't smell bad on me just disappointing. It goes from a lovely rich brewed chai in the bottle, to a sad bag of grocery store chai given too much air and dried out on my skin and beard. The tea goes entirely overly astringent, dusty darjeeling. The spices go dusty and dry. The cardamom and ginger (notes that usually love me) disappear entirely. There's a tiny hint of a powdery creaminess, almost like powdered milk, and all the sweetness vanishes.

My skin has betrayed me on this one, and I will pass it along to someone it works better for. I tested it a few times in hope that it was a fluke, but sadly the same thing has happened each time. If it smells true to the bottle on you, this one will be lovely.

This is exactly as described- a lovely chai scent. I actually get a lot of tea first, then the spices kick in. I tested it on my skin before having my husband try it on his beard. I would definitely wear this myself as a body oil if he won't use it!