Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Lit Chick

Civet scents? If it smells like cat pee to you please tell me!

For some reason, BPAL’s civet is a holy grail note on me, but they seem pretty rare.  Please let me know if a scent smells like cat pee on you, because it might smell hot AF on me…

Debauchery - awesome

Black Annis - haven’t tried because vetiver is a death note

Red Devil - Discontinued and no notes were listed but in the bottle it smelled like pee to me before my skin transformed it.

Yule Cat is a good one! Not sure how much of the civet vs. other musk comes through. I enjoyed it. Malevolent musk, a drop of infernal civet, vetiver, club moss, birch, goosefoot, and rowan.

Edit: Oh no! I just saw your vetiver aversion. 

Edited by artisjok

Honestly I have gotten the cat pee from Lady Una, I think it was the blackberry. Maybe try blackberry?

Twilight Alchemy Lab's (old blend!) Flame of Desire is almost pure civet; it's delicious and wonderful, like amped-up Debauchery. As a magical oil it's definitely got a "hot AF" vibe. :)

I don't know if you could ever find it (and if you do, and there's some to spare, let me know!), but when I first got into BPAL about 20 years ago there was a civet scent called Bacchanalia that is long discontinued. It was a very grapey red wine scent with dark musk and civet, smoothed out with a bit of orange blossom. Very very sexy in a deliciously in-your-face way! 😈 Definitely my HG civet scent.

Well, it's not a real blend, but I spontaneously made up a scent in my head that you might like:

Litterbox: civet, cedar, oud, patchouli and clay.

I could actually really see BPAL make something like that, since they have such a wonderfully irreverent sense of humour.