Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

While previous incarnations of our Pink Moon have been a celebration of the first blooms of spring, this year’s scent is a strawberry smackdown: sugar-swirled strawberry milk with frothed marshmallow cream.

Edited by doomsday_disco

I was really excited to try this one the minute I read the description and I’m very happy with it. The strawberry goes on strong and tart but has an immediate dry down to something sweet and fluffy and pink. 

This smells exactly like it’s described: it’s a glass of baby pink sugary sweet strawberry milk, not a seed to be found, topped with a dollop of thick marshmallow cream (stiff peaks!) It’s pretty and unpretentious, the olfactory equivalent of getting a fond smile with a little head tilt. Oh, you. 

I hope it lasts, otherwise I’ll need to grab another bottle because I know I’ll be reaching for this again this summer. 

Edit: It's been four hours and it's still going strong. I have the ceiling fan on and wow, it's wafting and beautiful. A second bottle is a must. This is just too pretty to imagine a world without Pink Moon in it.

Edit: I'm nine hours in and it's mostly faded to a nice fluffy strawberry milk. I'm really impressed at the longevity. Unexpectedly my favorite blend this year. Pretty pink girl smells.

Edited by tigermilking

A very "pink" scent! Smells like warm strawberries and sweet milk. Stays pretty consistent over time, but the strawberry fades a little and the scent becomes creamier. The strawberry here is tart (similar to previous Strawberry Moons) and is more prominent than the milk and marshmallow cream notes. Overall, it smells like a strawberry creme saver!

Edited by galerides

This mostly smells like very red, fresh, ripe strawberries on me, sweetened with some sugar. I'm surprised I only got a little bit of creaminess from this, but at least it wasn't a funky dairy bomb like Fairy Lobster Foam.

I like this, but it's not something I'm sure I need more of... I'll retest it before it goes away just to be sure, but at the moment, I think I prefer Strawberries, Sugar, and Lime.

ETA: I've now almost drained my Pink Moon decant, so maybe I should get a bottle after all?

Anyway, I layered this with one of its duets: Sugar Crystals and Mandarin. Alas, I did not enjoy the combo. Maybe less of the duet would be needed, but for some reason, the duet brought out the milky qualities of the lunacy more and  the citrus just did not jive with the strawberry milk on me.

Second edit: The Nesquick-like strawberry powder ends up being very evident on me now, and it's more candy-like strawberry powder than fresh strawberry on me.

Edited by doomsday_disco

Strawberry with a hint of tartness...a tiny hint of cherry jolly-rancher. I don't get much creaminess from this but it's more there on the dry down. I get a lot of compliments on this one. It's pretty and pink and quite likable. 

Pink Moon '24 is definitely in my top 5 of favorite lunacy blends.  It immediately reminded me of that sugary, creamy, pink bubblegum medicine that they give children, but it quickly turns into a perfect strawberry milkshake scent.  The strawberries are fresh & tangy and sugary & tart all at once, and you can smell the milkiness, but the marshmallow cream really does make it creamier and richer, with the milk + marshmallow cream reminding me of vanilla ice cream.

A perfect strawberry milkshake made with rich vanilla ice cream, and I will need backup bottles.

Pink Moon 2024 is the perfect strawberry milkshake scent, creamy and fresh and not too sweet. I layered it immediately with the Pink Moon Duet: Wild Strawberries and Patchouli and it adds that dirtiness from the patchouli with more fresh strawberry. I was surrounded by a delightful pink cloud of delight (and told I smell soooo good). This is an instant pick me up scent especially with the duet. I'm thinking about back ups of both and getting some of the other duets to try for layering too.

Pure Strawberry Nesquik frothed with marshmallows. Super sweet and PINK.

If you like your sweet a bit more dirty, layering with the Pink Moon Wild Stawberries & Patchouli is pure perfection. 

On 7/1/2024 at 4:59 PM, elissamay said:

Pure Strawberry Nesquik frothed with marshmallows. Super sweet and PINK.

If you like your sweet a bit more dirty, layering with the Pink Moon Wild Stawberries & Patchouli is pure perfection. 

Ok, uncanny: just came to the forum to write this exact same review! Now I'm off to the store to get some Strawberry Nesquik.

Thoughts before testing: I typically don’t like berry scents but the addition of milk and marshmallow made this impossible to pass up. 

Wet: Whew, Little Bird was right: the immediate wet stage of this is exactly like the bubblegum flavoring of medicine I remember from childhood.

Dry: The medicine smell fades within 30 seconds and I’m left with a super sweet, super pretty strawberry with a good helping of marshmallow. 

Final thoughts: This smells exactly like sticking your head in a container of strawberry Nesquik while chewing on a marshmallow. I don’t really get any milkiness but surprisingly don’t miss it. This is pretty, even if it’s something I won’t reach for to actually wear. I’ll keep the decant but don’t need a bottle. 

The pinkiest scent i've tried so far that actually also works on me, woohoo! Notes are exactly as it reads on the tin - fluffy pink cream (thats'sliiightly tangy) and a hard candy strawberry to round it off. Simple, but delightful. Not too sweet, and has a pretty good throw and staying time. Really really like this!!

I was hoping to get Strawberry Nequik like many other reviewers but unfortunately all I got was an intense strawberry hard candy 😥 No creaminess here!

Pink Moon 2024 - Strawberry milk is so trendy with my students right now haha. They will love this. It’s super sweet, but also has the realistic tartness of fresh berry. So pink and cheerful! Love it.

This is toothy sweet strawberry Ensure and I am here for it! Maybe not an everyday scent as it's so sweet you have to be in the mood. Layers well with Wild Strawberries and Patchouli.

On 8/2/2024 at 9:44 PM, topazphoenix said:

This is toothy sweet strawberry Ensure and I am here for it! 

Oh my God thank you! It's been driving me nuts. I knew it was something so familiar but not nesquik. It is totally Strawberry Ensure lmao it's a weirdly nostalgic scent for me and I'm not normally a sugary-gourmand person but this is just strangely comforting. I keep it by my laptop and wear it while I'm just chilling and playing cozy games. Fluffy, pink, and delightfully strawberry-y. 

I'm also getting more of a strawberry hard candy or strawberry syrup vibe from this, and only a smidge of milk or marshmallow - but, it layers really well with Stekk for a proper strawberry milkshake scent! So I'm quite happy. A sweet, youthful, cheerful strawberry milkshake. I won't need more than one bottle, but it's a fun occasional pick-me-up scent, maybe for when I'm hanging out with my neices/nephews. 

I really don't have much to add on earlier reviews but I'm here to say that this is just as I hoped this would be. 

This is sweet, fluffy, pink and pretty. Juicy, sugared strawberries with some cream and candies. Simple perfection for those who love sweet candy scents. Perfect summer scent but I'll joyfully wear this through autumnal months, this is just too beautiful not to wear.