Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
doomsday_disco

Pink Moon: Wild Strawberries and Patchouli

This one is stunning. The wild strawberry is juicy and ripe and intense, while the patchouli is elegant, for lack of a better word... not too heavy or chewy, but just earthy enough to make its presence known and prevent the fruit from even thinking about wandering into candy territory. Throw seems pretty good... I keep catching whiffs and it's making me happy. Decent staying power so far. It's perfect for summer.

The patchouli in this is pretty dirty on me, and I love it. Dirty, like picking the strawberries right out of the ground, not dirty like unwashed hippie. The strawberry is sweet but not like lip smackers - it just brightens the patch up. Definitely not for the patchouli -hesitant, but it's going to be a favorite for me!

I kept thinking that Pink Moon 2024 reminds me of Pretty in Pink when I smelled it. Then I smelled this and it reminded me of The Heathers. No candy strawberry here, just dirty STRONKberry. I do think there could a be a little Miss Dior Cherie moment if you layered this with that sugared mandarin. I find that a tiny bit of this lasts forever. 

Wet, this is strawberry candy and strong, earthy patchouli. As it dries, the strawberry settles and becomes less candy-sweet. I swear there's a green element to the strawberry, like you got a big bite with the stem and leaves. The patchouli is great, although I think it blends well with the strawberry as it dries. During the wet stage, it reminds me of the peppery patchouli in Schrödinger's Checkmark, but the strawberry softens this patchouli much more than the marshmallow in that perfume.

Honestly, I like this a lot. I think it stands out among my patchouli perfumes because of how the patch plays with the strawberry note.

This is really unique and compelling. The patchouli and strawberry combine seamlessly and are somehow better together. This also plays well with Pink Moon.

Baked strawberries (like big chunks of halved strawberries baked into a golden muffin) and a patchouli that reminds me strongly of Goblin's coconut husky, sweet, creamy patchouli.  At first, there's a tropical lilt to the scent, like a drizzle of lychee and passionfruit, but the drydown is all that gorgeous patchouli, a more subtle, baked strawberry, and a surprising amount of creaminess on my skin.  Strawberries and cream laying on a patch of sunwarmed earth.

An excellent patchouli with good throw and staying power.

This is the nicest BPAL strawberry note I’ve found. Usually berry notes go straight to candy on my skin, but this wild berry note is not quite as sweet, plus the very dry patchouli seems to be anchoring it in more realistic strawberry territory. On me this is definitely a berry scent, not a patch — it stays in the background. I’m much more a patchouli hound than a fruit lover, but this one makes me smile. It’s like sunshine.  Thank you, @Teamama, for the decant !!!