Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A softly glowing floral aldehyde streaked with somnolent lavender, ambrette, purple rose,
vanilla bean, pink cognac, violet leaf, woad, muguet, black currant bud, and sheer musk.

April Art: A Moment of Joy
April is a moment of joy for those who have survived the winter.
– Samuel Johnson

Artist - Adolphe-Alexandre Lesrel

Adolphe-Alexandre_Lesrel_-_L'Aurore,_1868.jpg

Edited by Jenjin

I'm sorry this review won't be very helpful. This is mostly about the floral aldehyde throughout wear on my skin. The burst of lavender with the musk and aldehyde made me think of Skyborn on initial application (but I no longer have the decant around to compare). Aside from those notes, I noticed the violet leaf and muguet later on in the day, but they were beneath the floral aldehyde. Although vanilla is listed as a note, I wasn't able to pick up on it, so it's not an ethereal vanilla musk and lavender type of scent like I was hoping for... but those who would like a classic, sparkling floral musk may find this is up their alley.

L'aurore smells just like the painting looks. Diaphanous bluey purple (blurple), sheer and soft. It's a little sparkly but not bubbly. It all blends together prettily and makes a nice light warm weather suitable scent. Work safe. The main notes that stick out to my nose are aldehydes, lavender, light musk, and violet, but it so well blended it's more of a feeling rather than a set of notes if that makes any sense? 

A lavender dominated, deep, dreamy purple scent. The lavender is by far the strongest note on me. And it's a deep, almost wet version of lavender. I think it's being taken in a more floral, voluminous direction by the rose and aldehyde notes. I'll get whiffs of the ambrette and violet leaf, but outside of that, any other notes blend together to make a very purple background. Overall the scent is noticeably floral and slightly plant like. I'd describe it as thicker, night time, dream like scent. It reminds me more of a thick purple blanket of lavender and other plants and flowers, than the sheer, airy purple of the art inspiration.