Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

This year we'll be donating to Athlete Ally, a wonderful org striving to help improve LGBTQI+ inclusivity in sports and athletics programs for all ages. They provide resources and curricula for students, teachers, coaches, and teams. https://www.athleteally.org/

The prize historically awarded to victors in the ancient Olympic games:
an anointed circlet of leafy branches cut from the sacred wild-olive tree near the temple of Zeus.

I ordered this to support the cause, but I do love me a nice briney olive. This is actually quite pretty. It's noticeably olive-y but without the tartness. It's bright and refreshing and warm green, way more of the leaf than of the branch. With a little bit of time on the skin, it picks up a salty undertone that verges on aquatic - bracingly Aegean. I'd classify this as slightly masculine-leaning.

I do not like to eat olives, but I do often like various sorts of leaves and/or branches. I've never smelled an olive grove, so I can't speak to accuracy, but this is a very pleasant warm-breeze sort of green. If I whiff hard off my wrist, some... clean? dimensions come out, which could also be "salty". I feel like I'm just repeating the previous review, but it's largely accurate to my experience - even the part where it seems a little masculine of neutral.

This is lovely! On me the clearest, strongest note is creamy, fresh olive blossoms. They're light and airy and while not my usual go to in the "white florals" range, come across really nicely here.

That floral is backed closely by the almost lemony herbal element of fresh cut olive branches with some slightly crushed leaves. This is a green, growing note with a touch of sap. This really does bring to mind the sorts of branches that one might snap or cut from the tree for a wreath.

Wafting gently over it all is a fresh, slightly salty sea breeze, as though the olive grove where this wreath is being cut and made is right by the ocean. It adds a lovely freshness and some aquatic elements that really bring this scent into one of my favorite ranges.

I think this may balance more floral on me than the previous two reviewers, but it's a really lovely, fresh scent.

I really love this scent.  To my nose it is herbal, green, and a little grassy.  It reminds me of a few of bpal's "green" scents, especially Blade of Grass.  

It goes through some subtle changes but overall this is a peaceful and soothing scent.  I'm struggling a little to describe it but it's cool, clean, and a little sweet.  It makes me think of going for a walk in shady woods with sunlight coming through the leaves.  Breathing in the air.  It's a bit of an unexpected hit for me.

I smell olive blossoms too--this reminds me quite a bit of Like the Very Gods, though it is less sensual and more green and fresh. I would say unisex more than masculine per se. I expected heavier olive-oiliness or perfuminess from the word "anointed," but this smells mostly like leaves, sap, and flowers. I also get the faint salty/musky tang, somewhere between a sea breeze and clean sweat on skin. I can easily imagine this as a freshly woven wreath, laden with leaf and blossom, laid on the still-damp hair of an athlete fresh from a race and rubbed down with oil.

Edited by citharadraconis