Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

This year we'll be donating to Athlete Ally, a wonderful org striving to help improve LGBTQI+ inclusivity in sports and athletics programs for all ages. They provide resources and curricula for students, teachers, coaches, and teams. https://www.athleteally.org/

Crown of Apollo, instrument of Pythian divination, symbol of higher learning:
bay laurel and calamus gilded with fossilized amber.

Edited by Jenjin

Mostly calamus and amber - a sweet, vanilla-y resin scent with hints of spice (nutmeg and clove from the bay laurel) and a distinctly fruity undertone.

I was hoping this would be more medicinal and herbal because of the bay, but alas. It's more akin to a Christmas candle.

My immediate reaction once I put this on was tha Laurel Wreath is the cousin of Spicebush Swallowtail, which I love.

There is a soft creaminess to start the scent, warm and a little resinous. On top of it are rich herbal and spicy notes, and hiding in the background is something almost a touch fruity.

While some of these are notes that I'd associate more with cooler months, there's also a bright airiness to this that makes it not seem too heavy for the summer. I'm definitely excited to wear this more, and I'm glad that the first of this year's pride scents that I'm trying suits me!

This is lovely. I wasn't sure what to expect from the calamus, and it really came out swinging when I tested it fresh out of the mail, skewing heavily towards spice. Now a few days later it's found a pleasant balance with the amber. There's a lemony sort of brightness to the scent without anything distinctly citrus or sharp, so it doesn't go anywhere near cleaning products. It's a fairly subtle bay as well, so I'm getting some fleeting hits of leafy green without getting hit over the head by it. Curious if this one will evolve more in the coming weeks as it rests, I really like it as it is and I keep sniffing myself. Seems very wearable without being plain. 

"I'm not the one to turn into a laurel wreath" (Tori Amos, Apollo's Frock) but I will be one to wear it in scent form!

I love the smell of this, but there is enough spice in it to give me a skin rash, so its scent lockets only.

I definitely smell the spice upfront, with a bit of lemon brightness. I wish I got more greenery! Monocainsheresy nailed it by calling it a Christmas candle.