Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

This year we'll be donating to Athlete Ally, a wonderful org striving to help improve LGBTQI+ inclusivity in sports and athletics programs for all ages. They provide resources and curricula for students, teachers, coaches, and teams. https://www.athleteally.org/

"Fear not, for even judgments which seem written in stone will succumb to the passage of time,
softened by persistent exposure to the tireless elements, gradually ceding ground to monuments of the new age."

A memorial garland of white sandalwood streaked with lapsang souchong, chilled vanilla, and benzoin.

Blind bottle Win!

Marble Wreath is predominantly a Tea/Vanilla blend on me, & I am smitten :wub2:.  It's reminiscent of 2004: Paper Phoenix, one of my all-time favorite blends.

The vanilla & benzoin are smooth, blending beautifully with the tea.  The Lapsang Souchong hasn't revealed any smokiness on my skin yet. Maybe that will change with age?  There's also a faint green note, which reminds me a little bit of the olive blossom note in Defututa. The "chilled" note in Marble Wreath's vanilla is subtle, more like the slush in Pink Snowballs than the snow in Snow White (which my skin wrecks.)

After 2 hours, it's very subtle on my skin.  I have to bring my wrist close to my nose to smell it. I'm also wearing it in my scent locket on some felt, which provides more throw & retains the tea note longer.

Beautiful cool-toned vanilla and tea! I agree the 'chilled' aspect is subtle, not a super icy note just cool like the way Zorya P is. This is in the same family at Cat at the Table and Tea Leaves, Vanilla Bean, and Incense Smoke to me. I don't get any of the campfire smokiness of lapsang but maybe a tiny bit of soft incense smokiness as it dries down, but could be the benzoin and sandalwood.

Surprisingly, this is quite floral on my skin - I wonder if this memorial garland has some unlisted flowers in it? I echo the similarity with Paper Phoenix (though I do like that one better, it's sweeter, with that lovely relaxing lavendar and fun pink pepper) and Tea Leaves, Vanilla Bean, and Incense Smoke. My partner thought I had a rose scent on. I don't get rose from this, but if I was smelling this without a note list, I'd guess lily of the valley or something along those lines. Cat at the Table is also somewhat similar, but that one reads a little more citrus-fruity to me. I'm not sure where I'm getting that impression (that one has no listed fruit notes), but anyway - they're all scent-cousins. The cool-toned tea blend family.

In the late drydown I get a bit more vanillic/benzoin sweetness, which I enjoy. I'm not getting any of the smokiness I was worried about from the lapsang souchong, which is a relief. I'm going to let this one age a bit and see where it goes! 

This was tested with the smidge of oil left in a freebie sniffie -- very fresh and cool! The coldness makes this read vaguely masc cologne-y to me, but it's like a 3.8 on a 5 point scale (where femme = 1, neutral = 3, masc = 5), but I don't think this would be out of place on anyone regardless of their gender identity. This feels like if they made a masc flanker for Theodosius, the Legerdemain (Earl Grey tea leaves, a white fougere, jasmine leaf, pearlescent white musk, and vanilla bean.)! I'm glad i got to try this because the notes sounded very appealing, but this is a bit more cologne-y than I expected. As others have mentioned, I don't get much smokiness as well.

This is a cool watery tea and vanila blend; i don't detect anything smoky. The tea reads to me more as the white or oolong variety than lapsang souchong. Falls in the same catgeory of blends like Mother Ghost and Cat at the Table.

For a while I think the benzoin is really strong, it's a powdery stage that lasts about a half hour.  Then the white sandalwood comes in and the powdery aspect calms down.  This reminded me of an old scent I couldn't even remember the name of at first - The Court of Honor.  I think the sandalwood is the same, but it's funny I looked up that one and it reads "a marble-white blend...".  

Overall I agree that this is a very "cool" smelling scent.  I personally don't wear this kind of scent very often but it would make a good "office" scent IMO, it's kind of safe and smells clean to me.  I was expecting something a little more smokey, due to the lapsang souchong, but I'm not getting the tea note very much.