Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
doomsday_disco

Bourbon Vanilla Hair Gloss

This is more bourbon heavy than I was expecting. Not to the level where everyone thinks I've actually been drinking but the most prominent notes come from the bourbon with a mellow vanilla grounding the scent. It's a little spicy, a little boozy, and the vanilla is more warm than gourmet or sweet. In terms of throw, it's not too strong or too weak; I'm getting whiffs as I turn my head but it's not overwhelming me.

I don't think that this will be my favorite gloss but I think it will compliment vanilla-based perfumes (I'm wearing the hair gloss with NAVA Eternal Ankh today and it's a great combo).

This is nice! Perfect bourbon vanilla that will be perfect for layering with so many things. 

Additionally, just want to mention there’s no booze note in here, for anyone that’s wary (like myself)- bourbon vanilla is a type of vanilla, ex: Madagascar, Bourbon, Tahitian - and this does not have a bourbon (alcohol) note. 

A very safe blind buy, IMO. 

Note: I tested this on the back of my hand, but I'll update this when I wear it in my hair for two days.

This is not the same scent as the Lab's Bourbon Vanilla Bath Oil from some years ago, which contained bourbon vanilla and benzoin and was more resinous.

BUT it is the same vanilla note from that bath oil and the recent Worm Moon: Bourbon Vanilla and Teakwood duet. I don't believe there's any actual bourbon in this -- that's just designating the vanilla variety used. The Lab's bourbon vanilla often hides on my skin in most of the blends that it is in, so it's nice to be able to try a single note where it can shine. This particular vanilla is not foodie, it is not floofy, and I feel like it is a bit skin musk-y?

For those into NAVA vanillas, it is not like their bourbon vanilla, which is sweeter and goes somewhat plastic-y on me.

I agree that it would pair well with many scents, but as far as vanilla hair glosses go, it does not dethrone Boo, and I also prefer the Antique Lace over it. But I'll hang onto my decant for those times I'm looking for a different vanilla to pair with scents.

Edited by doomsday_disco

I love this! It’s exactly what I was hoping for. It has some oomph to it, some richness. It’s not a gossimer or dry vanilla, but it’s also not floofy or foodie. This is backup worthy for me. A perfect hair gloss. 

Bourbon Vanilla and the Belgian Chocolate hair glosses are my new favorites.  I love perfume, but a lot of the time, I just want something delicately sweet and subtle, and both of these hair glosses are perfect for that.  They're not a scent cloud, but more a scent for anyone who might be snuggling up to you.  On days when I'm struggling, they're not strong enough to give me a headache or bother me, even though they're noticeable in my hair all day and I find myself happily smelling the ends of my hair.

Bourbon Vanilla is slightly sweet, but also has an herbal, tea-leaf-like quality to it, smelling very natural, like the perfect clean girl vanilla.  I love vanillas and this one is so pretty and easy to wear.  As a bonus, my husband loves both of these scents on me as well, and has repeatedly complimented them ^_^.

I used to have trouble wearing the hair glosses (when I was younger and my hair was plenty oily on its own), but now that I'm 37-years-old, have an obsession with changing up peek-a-boo highlights in my hair, and swim in chlorine almost every day, the bottom length of my hair tends towards being dry and loves hair masks and these glosses.

Freshly applied, this smells almost woody to me, like sandalwood. The vanilla is clean and maybe the slightest bit floral. It doesn't smell like laundry but it makes me think of clean linen. It's a little lemony, too, but this is not a foody vanilla.

BPAL hair glosses last forever on me and this one is no exception. I think I like it even more the next day because it deepens and becomes richer.

This vanilla reminds me of the vanilla in Lights, Camera, Something and Cognac-Stained Sheet Ghost. Seems like it would go with a lot of perfumes and it is lovely on its own.

This is the Bourbon Vanilla from Hope and Fear, Set Free 😍 I went through two bottles of that. Very happy with how versatile this is.