Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A midnight sea of blackcurrant, wild plum, black hellebore silk, night blooming jasmine, and
lilac incense, dotted with glittering specks of honeyed clove, elemi, Tahitian ginger, and muguet.

Mayday Art: She Comes With Footsteps Light
What potent blood hath modest May.
– Ralph Waldo Emerson

Artist - Auguste Reynaud

La_Nuit_by_Auguste_Raynaud.jpg

Edited by Jenjin

It's a shame that I'm first to review because I am struggling to pick out many of the listed notes. Maybe I'm getting some lilac, and after a bit of research I'm confident that I'm picking up the elemi, which must be what I keep mistaking for citrus. After about an hour, the plum and blackcurrant come through, ripe and fragrant but not too sweet.

Despite being totally befuddled by the notes, I was immediately captivated by this scent. It somehow manages to be both fresh and dreamy all at once. 

This smells like a special occasion perfume. Like a magical night that stretches on forever and yet still ends too soon. It's the kind of scent that I hope to be wearing when a lover nuzzles into my neck. It's enchanting, exquisite, and romantic. This is a real winner for me, and I will absolutely be needing backups.

Initially, it smells a bit bright for that 'midnight sea'. Plummy, but bright with the ginger and florals. It darkens as it dries and I'm getting more of the lilac. Then clove takes over a bit (I seem to amp it...which is fine, since I love clove scents) and it's a lovely floral clove over spicy plum kind of thing. I keep huffing my wrist, which says I should probably pick this one up.