Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Bloop! White and pink lotus, calla lilies, and freshwater pearls in a swirl of apricot, tangerine, mimosa, and mandarin.

Mayday Art: She Comes With Footsteps Light
What potent blood hath modest May.
– Ralph Waldo Emerson

Artist - Franz Hein

1985-52-40476-pdp.jpg

Edited by Jenjin

Strong pale florals floating on mild, sweet fruits. The lotus is ever so slightly the strongest note on me, with the lily not far behind. The two mix to for the strong floral nature of the scent, which still reads as pale, despite its boldness. I get hints of the other notes, but cannot pick them out individually. Overall, it smells like a light base of very sweet citrus and other fruits. While I cannot pick the note out itself, this background reminds me most of the apricot. Lastly, I don't get much in the way of an aquatic note. Like the other notes, it's very light and relegated to the background.

Overall, a lotus and lily dominated scent, as the flowers bloom over a toned down, shallow pond of soft, sweet citrus.

Weirdly, Nymph in a Goldfish Pond is reminding me of ramune soda, ramune flavored puchao candy, and cream soda.  Bubbly cream soda and pink bubblegum.  The lab's lotus notes usually turn to a creamy pink bubblegum scent to me, and I strongly smell the lotus here.  Then there's this vaguely fruity, bubbly, cheerful yet high pitched scent, like fizzy bubbles popping in a soda.  I wish it stayed this way because the drydown starts to turn more powdery and dry, and kind of sickly sweet, and then the fizzy bit starts to go a little soapy on me.
Cloying, sweet floral with pops of fruity, fizzy tones.

Right from the start i smell two distinct layers: one is tangerine and mandarine and the other is the florals which take on a slight fizzy detergent quality. This resembles somewhat The Soap Bubbles, safe for Nymph is less screechy and keeps the fizzy/ flower detergent vibe in check. I'd summarize this as sparkly florals bearing a faint laundry vibe, with an added citrus zing.

2 hours later i get a full bodied clean mimosa lotus bouquet with faint whispers of non sweet citrus

Edited by theredkilt

Dewy lotus and lilies, freshly bloomed are the foremost notes in this for me. They are backed by a lovely tang of citrus and a whisper of some other florals.

If that was all there was to the scent on me, it would be an absolute favorite. I like all those notes, and I really appreciate that my skin makes the lotus floral and not bubble gum.

However, lurking in the background there is a squashed, overripe, slightly musty apricot, like it has fallen from the tree. I don't quite know what to make of the note. I think I still like the scent, but it's slightly baffling.