Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Billyboi

Coffee Fragrance

Which fragrance oil would anyone recommend that smells exactly like coffee from here?

I've been on a mission trying to find one, but feel like the ones I've smelled, even from other perfumer's, either end up smelling more on the chocolate side or just other notes in general. I just want one that truly smells like freshly brewed coffee. 

I have Cafe Mille et une Nuits, which is one I truly do enjoy, but personally it doesn't have the true coffee scent that I'm looking for.

Black Coffee from the 2020 Yules is my favorite straight-up coffee scent.

Edited by Teaotter
whoops, wrong year

In Silvery Accents, Whispering Low ( Cardamom-infused coffee bean, myrrh smoke, vanilla bean, fir needle, and warm, velvet spices.) - a more subtle coffee scent, but nice. I particularly like it.

Kobold Barista  (freshly brewed coffee with ginger, nutmeg, cardamom, black pepper, cloves, cinnamon, and cream) - more heavy coffee scent, kind of reminds me more of a coffee shop rather than coffee itself.

Miskatonic University (Irish coffee, dusty tomes and polished oakwood halls.) - This one is a nice blend of coffee and oak.

Mother Shub's Spiced Lait de Chèvre ( Goat's milk eggnog with coffee liqueur and spices imported from the Crimson Desert.) - This one is so old and was possibly not kept the best, so it's smell is hard to pinpoint when on me personally, but in the vial is smells like an egg nog latte.

Pumpkin Spice Latte - Smell exactly like that first taste of the beloved (by most) seasonal drink.

That is all my coffee-containing or coffee equivalent perfumes. I hope your search goes well!

Edited by Redeim

Coffee Cream Pie is worth a try, even though it’s got the chocolate you’re trying to avoid. It’s the strongest coffee note that I’ve found on my skin, which most often drinks the coffee in a matter of minutes. Plus, it’s currently available, so easier to find. 

Otherwise, send out a search team for Black Coffee mentioned above, or maybe Black Coffee & Old Books, if leather is okay with you.