Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A scent dedicated, not to a book, but to the ancient and enigmatic amulet known as the SATOR square.

Night-black musk and scorched wood polished with ambrette, suffused with sweet flag, olibanum, vetiver, styrax, and red labdanum.

this is only 2 days rested so impressions may change. in the bottle this is all about the labdanum, the fizzy almost cola like kind. freshly applied the labdanum is still pretty present. 

as this dries the labdanum stays present, but it definitely isn’t so much dominating the other notes. it definitely seems to be taking a back seat supporting role as the other notes come out more. hard to describe exactly but like this: like the labdanum is still present, and it’s the only note i can fully recognize, but the others are also coming out more and transforming the labdanum to this sexy, slinky version of itself. it’s a polished, slightly green-red labdanum. not in an herbal way. no trace of vetiver yet which can definitely amp on me. 

after 30 minutes or so the labdanum fully melts into the other notes. a little fizzy/spicy from the labdanum still, but also very smooth and creamy from i’m guessing the black musk and ambrette. can’t distinguish much else note-wise but this is a well blended stunner. throw is on the lower side but still there. will update with wear length

ETA: good wear length and throw seems to subtly increase in the drydown. after about 2 hours into the drydown this turns somewhat in the cologne direction, only slightly while still retaining the fizzy labdanum note. 

Edited by DiZZysTARdust