Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A boon for all who long for dismal, dark days, shivering sheets of rain, grey skies, and chill air: a bouquet of bright summer flowers dampened by the scent of morning mist and rain.

Note: This has the same scent description as the 2004 version.

The initial note is floral and a little sharp, but then it mellows out beautifully. I'm not sure what flowers they used in this, but it certainly reminds me more of my mom's garden in Florida after a rain than anything I've smelled here on the West Coast. 10/10, love this.

Note: I haven't tried the original 2004 version.

This starts off strong with a bitter neroli or orange blossom note infused with some orange pith, accompanied by some rain. The rain and mist notes are smooth and are not salty, and although that aspect of the scent starts off backing the orange blossom or neroli, the aquatic notes eventually overtake it, so that it's mostly rain and mist with a hint of (now less bitter) orange in the background. It's kind of like an orange peel getting spattered with rain.

I'm not able to pick out any other flowers, but neroli and orange blossom are generally very loud on me.

I preferred the late drydown of the scent, but I don't think I could power through the initial blast of orange blossom or neroli to get there.

Wet, this is a heady, sharp floral and I think I've made a mistake. I do detect orange blossom and/or neroli which are usually loves for me, but there's something else there turning it perfume-y.  Then it dries and becomes a soft, moody floral with an aquatic undertone. Light orange flower, something a little powdery, and some rain. It stays in this stage for hours. This is more what I was hoping for. Lovely once dry!