Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Be not afraid: globules of white coconut beaming through blinding white amber and Oman frankincense.

And what is so rare as a day in June? Then, if ever, come perfect days.
– James Russell Lowell

Artist - Berard Picart

tumblr_3d88f359a215c5b66a40eff2ec31e0a5_f967855b_1280.jpg

Edited by Jenjin

In the bottle and when just applied it’s fresh coconut with a little backbite of frankincense. After a while it becomes a very comforting snuggly sort of coconut with a hint of amber. I don’t notice the frankincense at all once it’s dry.

Lots of sweet, fruity coconut at first. Like the way coconut oil sometimes smells a bit fruitier than like coconut milk. I think the white amber is adding to the sweetness, and I can start picking it out more as it dries. Fully dry I get a halo of frankincense around the coconut-amber, adding a bit of grounding resin-woodiness and checking the sweetness a bit. It's still sweet and coconutty, but much more balanced as it dries.

Mostly a coconut single note on me. I get a touch of frankincense in the background, but it more reads as warm resin than frankincense specifically. I also cannot pick out the amber, but I think it's bringing or at least adding to the warmer quality of the scent. And the coconut is a warmer, beachy coconut. Sweet, without being sugary, and never quite reaches powdery. Overall, it's a lot more simple of a scent than I was hoping for, but being a coconut lover, I'm still really enjoying this scent.