Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Incandescent lemon rind, apple wine, and Calabrian bergamot gleaming through velvety blue lavender,
black cashmere, Laotian oud, and deep, rich, 2-year aged patchouli.

And what is so rare as a day in June? Then, if ever, come perfect days.
– James Russell Lowell

Artist - Luis Ricardo Valero

522px-Twin_Stars,_by_Luis_Ricardo_Falero.jpg

When I first put it in it was really sharp and citrusy, even after drydown.

Now, about 2 hours later, it was morphed into a much smoother and gentler scent with the cashmere note dominating. I’m picking up a bit of bergamot and oud and maybe a smidge of apple but none of the other notes. It gives an overall impression of fuzzy fruit!

First impressions: I'm struggling with how to describe this one. It's bubbly like soda, but only slightly. It's tart and fruity, yet herbal. It's light and bright, but with a resinous rich base. Light against the dark indeed. This is utterly addictive and I am deeply inhaling my wrists constantly. If I have to identify it, I get lemon, bergamot, apple, soda, lavender, and I think I can detect a deep dark soft patchouli. This is a scent to wake you up, but it still has an element of comfort. Beth is absolutely killing these monthly paintings. 

A core of patchouli, surrounded by bubbly citrus. Despite how it smells out of the bottle, the patchouli is the star of this scent and shines through the other notes. It is a noticeably soft patchouli though. The lemon is the second strongest note. I get a bubbly nature of the apple wine, but it's not particularly apple on me and more reminds me of distant champagne. I cannot pick out the bergamot, cashmere, and lavender, but there's an added citrus and round fuzziness that I'd attribute to those notes. Overall, a strong core of especially cozy, fuzzy patchouli, surrounded by a cloud of slightly bubbly lemon.

Twin Starts is mostly a bright, citrus-y patchouli scent on me. It's a blast of lemon rind at first, but the patchouli quickly joins in, as well as a bit of lavender. The combination of fruit and patchouli is reminding me of a recent Astrid scent I tried called Mischief Maker (but aside from apple, that one featured different fruit notes). It doesn't take long for this to be patchouli-dominant, although the lemon never completely goes away, and the cashmere and (non-funky!) resinous oud notes pop up in the background during the late dry down. The bergamot and apple wine aren't super distinct to me, but I wouldn't be surprised if those notes were lurking behind the lemon in the initial citrus blast.

This is more patchouli-centric than I had imagined it would be, but I'm not mad (although I was hoping that the lavender would play a greater role). While I don't think this is something I need a bottle of, I'll probably hang onto my decant!