Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

In the bottle I get spicy carnation overtop rich cream. It reminds me a bit of Maiko With Hair Unbound. On my skin it's more about the hay and carnation, spicy and golden and halo-y. The hazelnuts add a slightly sweet, low richness to the scent, slightly nutty without pulling it foody. Just very cozy. As it dries I can sort of pick out the amber specifically but it is more adding to the deep golden sweetness. The scent is really more spicy and earthy than sweet, it's sweet in the way of barley syrup or a really dark honey Vs granulated sugar - other things offset the sweetness. This makes me think of a hazy evening in late August, dry grass and the lingering heat of the day.

I can smell a little carnation spice in the bottle. On my skin, it's all hay and hazelnut, though.  It smells of real, dried hay and nutty, slightly woody, dry hazelnuts.  I also keep thinking that I can smell maple syrup.  There's no carnation, vanilla, or cream to be found.  The amber does add a toasted warmth, but it's a simple, dry, light scent overall.  I think carnation and vanilla cream would have made this lovely for me, but I don't get those notes.  

this one has been consistent each of the three times I've worn it: a big hit of hazelnut when first applied, which disappears into the blend quickly. throughout most of the weartime I'm getting a gorgeous hay peeking through a haze of toasty carnation cream, and then by the end of the day (6-8 hours later) I'm wondering who's wearing the french vanilla single note - it's that awesome custardy rich vanilla. really lovely blend.

I adore both the Lab's Carnation note and also their Hay note. It would never have occurred to me to put them together, so that alone made me want to try Mouse.

In the bottle, I mostly get the carnation plus little bits of vanilla and cream to soften the spicy edges.

Once on the skin, the scent blooms with the full chorus of all listed notes playing a part! (this is a rare thing for me- like many folks, my personal chemistry usually pulls some notes forward and others linger in the background. More often than not a note or two won't show up for me at all! So this really was an interesting turn of events.)

In the dry down and for several hours after, everything but the hazelnuts stick around, creating a warm, cuddly scent that's a perfect transition from later summer and into early fall. Given the richness of the notes, it's a surprisingly low throw scent and sticks close to the skin. Test sparingly at first, of course, but don't be surprised if you need to top up beyond your usual amount.

In all, the scent is a fine addition to my "summer hay" scents and glad I snagged a bottle!

On my skin the hazelnut, cream and vanilla are the strongest notes, so on me this does lean towards being more gourmand. The hazelnuts smell warm and toasty and the cream and vanilla almost create a caramel note. The hay and amber are in the background here, and I only get the tiniest hint of carnation spice. 

I was so hoping to love Mouse, since the artwork is so cute, but I think it might be too sweet for me!

This features a very syrupy hazelnut note that dominates the scent throughout wear on me. At first, it's accompanied mostly by the warm hay note (that makes me think of the hay from Rendezvous With Her Lover Behind the Rice Straws), but then it's mostly the spicy carnation and cream notes that I get with the hazelnut over time.

On me, this is quite gourmand, and definitely one for hazelnut fans.

Edited by doomsday_disco