Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
KittyHamilton

Foliage, Forest Scents?

I'm looking for scents that invoke the feel of lush foliage or deep woods. A bit of a rainy, watery note with it would work too! Preferably GC.

BPAL has some really beautiful forest and foliage scents in the GC and long term collections, especially since you're ok with some aquatic elements. Here are some I like personally that might be worth checking out, though I'm sure that I'm missing some!

The Forest Reverie [Bewitching Brews]: A sunlit ancient forest, dotted with wild roses, grape vine, and queenly lilies, clothed in swirls of opium smoke.

Yggdrasil [Bewitching Brews]: The World Ash. Nine woods, nine leaves, and three herbs each for Ratatosk and Vidofnir, with three final herbs to placate Nidhogg.

Loup Garou [Diabolus]: juniper, cypress and galangal with the barest touch of eucalyptus.

Pele [Excolo]: muguet and Hawaiian white ginger enveloped by warm, damp tropical blooms

Arkham [A Picnic In Arkham]: A shadowy, unapproachable forest of maple, birch, dogwood, cypress and pine softened by a garland of New England wildflowers: bergamot, columbine, rue anemone, blue violet, creeping phlox, bloodroot, toadflax, and pixie moss

Druid [RPG]: A woolen robe infused with the scent of a vast, primordial forest: ancient trees, fertile soil, wild herbs, spring grasses, and burgundy pitch incense.

Machu Picchu [Wanderlust]: Sweet tropical fruits burst through deep, wet rainforest boughs, enormous steamy blossoms, over thin mountaintop breezes, mingled with the soft, rich golden scent of Peruvian amber.

Theoi Nomioi [Activism]: No listed notes, but to me is very mountain forests. Only comes in full size, but you might be able to find someone in the sales section decanting it.

These come in a lot of different forest vibes, so hopefully at least one of them speaks to you! Definitely go check out their reviews to get more different people's takes on the scent too. There are tons more options if you start venturing into LEs, but I think that GCs are a great place to start figuring out your preferred BPAL notes and how the descriptions correspond to what you like.

5 hours ago, ShadowEtienne said:

These come in a lot of different forest vibes, so hopefully at least one of them speaks to you! Definitely go check out their reviews to get more different people's takes on the scent too. There are tons more options if you start venturing into LEs, but I think that GCs are a great place to start figuring out your preferred BPAL notes and how the descriptions correspond to what you like.

Thanks! Tbh I was feeling a bit overwhelmed searching the site.

I really need to invest in some GC bottles...I've got a bunch of limited edition ones, but because they're limited edition I keep feeling I'll run out if I keep using them!

12 hours ago, KittyHamilton said:

I've got a bunch of limited edition ones, but because they're limited edition I keep feeling I'll run out if I keep using them!

What are some of your favorite LE forest/foliage scents? I or others might be able to point to more specific GCs that would appeal.

And I get that about feeling like LEs will run out, there are LEs I've gotten back up bottles of that I know I'll be devastated when I eventually run out.

14 hours ago, ShadowEtienne said:

What are some of your favorite LE forest/foliage scents? I or others might be able to point to more specific GCs that would appeal.

And I get that about feeling like LEs will run out, there are LEs I've gotten back up bottles of that I know I'll be devastated when I eventually run out.

I actually don't have many LE scents that fit into that niche. Just Nocturnal Witches Scene, and perhaps Black Jublocken counts? I do like them both. But I think I may be looking for a fresher scent? Fresh in a leafy way, not so much in a wintery mint way.

Swarmageddon is very much like rolling around on the forest floor in my opinion - not sure if that's exactly what you're looking for but it's worth mentioning!

5 hours ago, KittyHamilton said:

But I think I may be looking for a fresher scent? Fresh in a leafy way, not so much in a wintery mint way.

I feel like of the ones I listed above Loup Garou (deep evergreen forest), Machu Picchu (tropical forest), Arkham (deciduous lowland forest), and Theoi Nomioi (mountain forest) are sort of the fresher forests, just very different forests. 

Leaning more in the direction of fresh foliage, I'm going to add RPG Monk (Sandalwood incense, ti leaf, and honeyed saffron) as something to maybe take a look at. The ti leaf is a really lovely fresh leafy note that might appeal.

Also, it's an LE, but relatively recent and I've seen it on sales pages. If you can track down Purslane, Dandelions, and Petrichor it's a really nice fresh foliage and rain scent that I use to layer over other things a lot and might appeal to you.

I think Elf from the RPG collection might be worth a shot- it has other elements like the honeycomb and florals but I think it just adds to the picture of a sun-dappled glen. I find it leafy and mossy, it has this crisp birch sap thing going on to my nose as well.

An LE but Forest of the Empress might be worth keeping an eye out for, it has a very fresh conifer forest smell, like crushing the needles in your fingers.

On 7/21/2024 at 11:35 AM, forspecial_plate said:

Swarmageddon is very much like rolling around on the forest floor in my opinion - not sure if that's exactly what you're looking for but it's worth mentioning!

Interesting! I'll check out some reviews.

On 7/21/2024 at 3:43 PM, ShadowEtienne said:

I feel like of the ones I listed above Loup Garou (deep evergreen forest), Machu Picchu (tropical forest), Arkham (deciduous lowland forest), and Theoi Nomioi (mountain forest) are sort of the fresher forests, just very different forests. 

Leaning more in the direction of fresh foliage, I'm going to add RPG Monk (Sandalwood incense, ti leaf, and honeyed saffron) as something to maybe take a look at. The ti leaf is a really lovely fresh leafy note that might appeal.

Also, it's an LE, but relatively recent and I've seen it on sales pages. If you can track down Purslane, Dandelions, and Petrichor it's a really nice fresh foliage and rain scent that I use to layer over other things a lot and might appeal to you.

Unfortunately, I am now tempted by the idea of a collection of different forest scents. I will try to restrain my perfume lust. Thanks for the suggestions!

On 7/23/2024 at 10:07 AM, roseus said:

I think Elf from the RPG collection might be worth a shot- it has other elements like the honeycomb and florals but I think it just adds to the picture of a sun-dappled glen. I find it leafy and mossy, it has this crisp birch sap thing going on to my nose as well.

An LE but Forest of the Empress might be worth keeping an eye out for, it has a very fresh conifer forest smell, like crushing the needles in your fingers.

I'd been considering Elf; I'm a fan of elves in general. It sounds lovely.

A couple others from the permanent collection might be worth seeking:

Blythe Hollow from ParaNorman (Dead leaves and cold, moist breezes set at the edge of a forest of maple, pine, cedar, and cypress)

Dawn: Cernunnos  (Terebinth pine, basil, green sandalwood, fig leaf, armoise, lemon balm, cypress, myrrh, black cedar, and juniper)

Sign in to follow this