Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

“You think you just fell out of a coconut tree? You exist in the context of all in which you live and what came before you.”

Everything is in context, including this scent: coconut meat, coconut milk, coconut frond, and coconut husk.

Proceeds from this perfume will be contributed to Emily’s List, an organization dedicated to helping pro-choice women win elections. Learn more here!

Of the July 2024 releases, I admit, this was the one I was MOST excited for!

In The Bottle: All coconut aspects accounted for! I definitely can individually pull out the husk from the meat from the milk, even at this early stage, and it is SO good!

Wet On Skin: Milk and Meat are coming out to the fore. I hope this is transitional, cause that husk smelled *really* good in the bottle.

Dry Down: The husk *does* come back! Hooray! If the frond is meant to be a bit of a "green" note, I don't get it here. But I'm not at all mad about it, because this is so beautiful as is with the coconut milk, meat and husk. It's got a bit of that "cool" coconut note I remember from Obatala, but this is definitely its own thing. It's NOT suntan lotion and it's *also* NOT candy coconut. This is the scent of sitting under a coconut tree surrounded by fallen, dry fronds, basking in the gentle warmth, protected from the direct sunlight by the tree's shadow. It's ridiculously beautiful and may, in fact, require at least one backup bottle.

:luv2::luv2::luv2::luv2::luv2::luv2::luv2::luv2::luv2:

I kind of had the opposite experience from VioletChaos.  For me, Coconut Tree is like suntan lotion coconut mixed with just the coconut part of pina colada mix.

It's intensely sweet, artificial coconut that leans buttery and oily smelling.  It feels warm, like sunburned skin coated with coconut sun lotion. 

I was hoping that the husk and frond would make this smell more natural and like an actual coconut tree, but there is no greenery and the husk isn't earthy, but very dry and slightly powdery.  

Edited by Little Bird

Yep. That's coconut! The husk note gives this a kinda lightly toasted feel. It's definitely got a vintage suntan oil vibe, which is honestly what I was hoping for. It's warm, tropical, and aggressively coconutty. A little synthetic whiff occasionally but we'll see if rest settles it.  Currently I am existing in a cloud of shredded coconut and I am at peace. 🌴🥥

Edited by OxfordComma