Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
saintmurdeloss

gourmand, foodie, yummy scents (:

hi guys !! this is my first post here. i’ve bought 2 bpal scents over the last couple years and have some free imps. i own coraline and lost my bottle of eat me 😿💔 (sister’s fault). i gravitate the most towards everything n anything gourmand, foodie, delicious scents. i’m not big on fruit unless it’s pastry, dessert-like. i don’t like florals 98% of the time. i like woods, though i still have to smell some more. what are y’all’s fav gourmands from bpal and would most recommend? i think ive browsed all of bpal’s site, no joke, but i wanna see if there’s any i missed ( ◠‿◠ )

fav notes:

lactonic/milk (all kinds except nut milks), caramel, citrus (orange, lime, lemon, passion fruit), sugar, tonka, vanilla, raspberry, blackberry, strawberry (not synthetic), cake (all kinds), egg/custard, cinnamon, chamomile, light lavender, woods

Edited by saintmurdeloss
adding more context to simplify recommendations

Well, I don't usually go for gourmand scents myself, but I personally think Green Tree Viper kind of qualifies. I was telling someone else the other day that it was a a quasi-foodie scent, like a mint cookie with a cup of citrus green tea. It's also a bit sexy, thanks to the Snake Oil base.

I'm sure other people who are more into those kinds of scents will have more recommendations.

You might also like any of the sufganiyot scents BPAL has released over the years. They have quite a few, I haven't tried any myself, but I have seen that they appear in a lot of peoples' wish lists, so they might be worth considering as they are pastry/desserty fruits rather than fresh .

Cockaigne (milk and honey, sweet cakes and wine) is one of my fave gourmands!

I haven't tried it but I've seen good things about Cake Pop Wreath which is currently available if you don't mind a bit of lemon in your cake. The Lupers this year have quite a few foodie offerings, I really enjoyed Chestnut Vulva and found it to be like a nutty, cardamom and caramel pastry.

6 minutes ago, roseus said:

Cockaigne (milk and honey, sweet cakes and wine) is one of my fave gourmands!

I haven't tried it but I've seen good things about Cake Pop Wreath which is currently available if you don't mind a bit of lemon in your cake. The Lupers this year have quite a few foodie offerings, I really enjoyed Chestnut Vulva and found it to be like a nutty, cardamom and caramel pastry.

it’s the way i have all of these in my cart 😻 i love all of these recommendations!! planning on getting hands on em soon. tysmmmm (╹◡╹)

9 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

Well, I don't usually go for gourmand scents myself, but I personally think Green Tree Viper kind of qualifies. I was telling someone else the other day that it was a a quasi-foodie scent, like a mint cookie with a cup of citrus green tea. It's also a bit sexy, thanks to the Snake Oil base.

I'm sure other people who are more into those kinds of scents will have more recommendations.

You might also like any of the sufganiyot scents BPAL has released over the years. They have quite a few, I haven't tried any myself, but I have seen that they appear in a lot of peoples' wish lists, so they might be worth considering as they are pastry/desserty fruits rather than fresh .

mint cookies sounds interesting. i do like to have a good fresh scent in my collection so i would be willing to sample this one, but i don’t think it’d be a love. i’ll be sure to check out the sufganiyot scents !!! thank u sm! 🥰

38 minutes ago, Greensleeves said:

Oooh will second the Green Tree Viper recommendation!

This made me remember Alisz which, if you're into mint, is incredible! A lovely fluffy vanilla mint

Melon Cream Cake....veeeery nice cake note. The Pink Moon 2024 is so pretty, but it's a Nesquik strawberry scent which you might not like. It's super sweet and maybe a tad artificial strawberry candy smell but I like it. The Sugar Crystals and Mandarin is a simple citrus. I like it a lot but it's not complex at all. 

On 7/29/2024 at 11:19 AM, amoray said:

Melon Cream Cake....veeeery nice cake note. The Pink Moon 2024 is so pretty, but it's a Nesquik strawberry scent which you might not like. It's super sweet and maybe a tad artificial strawberry candy smell but I like it. The Sugar Crystals and Mandarin is a simple citrus. I like it a lot but it's not complex at all. 

i’ve had my eye on melon cream cake and pink moon !! thank u for telling me about the nesquick smell cuz now i’ll be thinking a bit more before buying. i’ll look into sugar crystals and mandarin. tysmmmm 😻

I recommend checking out:

Alice (spicy carnation, milk, honey)
Boomslang (Snake Oil, cocoa absolute, creamy rice milk, teakwood)
Chad (you didn't mention chocolate, but this is the best bpal chocolate to me)
Chocolate Babka (flaky, buttery croissant with melty chocolate, cinnamon, hint of rye bread)
Cosmic Critters (vanilla frosting, frothy milk, pulpy fig, and patchouli)
Doom Cake (haven't tried this, but it's cherry, lemon, buttercream, and cake)
Gobo (sweet, cheerful citruses and marshmallowy vanilla)
Honey Babka (reminds me of almond cake and donuts with powdered sugar)
How Doth The Little Crocodile (mint, chocolate, vanilla, cedar)
Jiaolong (if you like coffee, this is one of my favorites, and the sugar note in it is wonderful)
Millennial Pink (raspberry jam, white chocolate, creamy musk)
Nightingale (yellow cake, vanilla, honey, soft spices)
Please Scream Inside Your Heart (oily, fried dough and cinnamon sugar)
Schrodinger's Cat (mint chocolate, sweet citruses, and lavender)
The Serpent in the Berries (gorgeous vanilla sugar, dark berries, strawberry, and a little Snake Oil)
Syrnyk (vanilla cheesecake danish with powdered sugar and crumb topping)
White Cat (lemony, marshmallowy, amber)

On 7/31/2024 at 1:30 PM, Little Bird said:

I recommend checking out:

Alice (spicy carnation, milk, honey)
Boomslang (Snake Oil, cocoa absolute, creamy rice milk, teakwood)
Chad (you didn't mention chocolate, but this is the best bpal chocolate to me)
Chocolate Babka (flaky, buttery croissant with melty chocolate, cinnamon, hint of rye bread)
Cosmic Critters (vanilla frosting, frothy milk, pulpy fig, and patchouli)
Doom Cake (haven't tried this, but it's cherry, lemon, buttercream, and cake)
Gobo (sweet, cheerful citruses and marshmallowy vanilla)
Honey Babka (reminds me of almond cake and donuts with powdered sugar)
How Doth The Little Crocodile (mint, chocolate, vanilla, cedar)
Jiaolong (if you like coffee, this is one of my favorites, and the sugar note in it is wonderful)
Millennial Pink (raspberry jam, white chocolate, creamy musk)
Nightingale (yellow cake, vanilla, honey, soft spices)
Please Scream Inside Your Heart (oily, fried dough and cinnamon sugar)
Schrodinger's Cat (mint chocolate, sweet citruses, and lavender)
The Serpent in the Berries (gorgeous vanilla sugar, dark berries, strawberry, and a little Snake Oil)
Syrnyk (vanilla cheesecake danish with powdered sugar and crumb topping)
White Cat (lemony, marshmallowy, amber)

it’s the way i have all of these in my cart except shrodinger’s cat, serpent in the berries and honey babka. great noses think alike 😹 tysm for the recs i’m gonna check em out asappp they sound delicious 😇

Sign in to follow this