Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
doomsday_disco

Black Cat With Tomato Plants

Tomato fruit and leaf, a skritch of soil, spicy geranium petals, orange blossom, marigold, and sultry musk.

black-cat-and-tomato-plant-cats-2024-WEB.jpg

Takahashi Shōtei

Starts off with fuzzy tomato stems and a dusty sharpness that I didn't enjoy, but it thankfully went away after a few minutes. 
Then it shifts into a phase where it's a little animalic and a lot earthy, and I love this midstage where it smells like some sort of dark patchouli musk.
After about an hour, Black Cat With Tomato Plants settles into its final form and stays there for about 5 hours before it fades away.  It's the clean musk of a men's department store perfume and a zesty orange blossom with a sharp orange note. 
It's interesting how this goes from earthy and animalic to a clean, masculine, slightly soapy, proper men's fragrance with a dose of orange zest and orange blossom that leans just slightly bitter, but it works as a men's fragrance.  I happen to love wearing traditionally masculine fragrances, so I love this one.  It winds up being simple and clean with a bit of a bite from the orange tones, softened by the creamy blossom part of the orange blossom.
I was expecting a very literal scent of a tomato garden interspersed with the herbal-spicy scent of geranium and marigolds and dirt, but this is more refined and the musk and orange blossom are the drydown for me.