Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Jenjin

Peach and Red Bean Paste Hair Gloss

No additional description provided.

Edited by Jenjin

I. Am. SMITTEN.

I kept my D-Con order much more limited this year due to an immanent relocation, but even though I've never encountered a Red Bean Paste note personally before, I figured this would be one of my three splurged items since the note sounded intriguing and since I've had very good luck with Peach HG's in previous years.

This? Blows them ALL out of the water.

In the bottle, the bean paste note is SO deep and rich, it almost comes across like cacao, if cacao somehow wasn't chocolatey. That might hurt your brain, but I assure you, when you smell this? You will understand. It's the rich-paste thing. There's nothing "creamy" about it, but it had that level of richness.

I sprayed a little on my hand (which is what I do with the Hair Glosses: I spray them into my hand, lightly rub my hands together, then run my hands though my hair, focusing on the bottom two thirds of length).  Once warmed up, the richness mellows, but only a bit. This allows the tendrils of peach to find their way in. 

Side note about the peach: I got three Pit items this year and all three share the experience of a greatly understated Peach note as compared to previous years. But take my advice- do NOT let that be a deterrent! Whereas previous Peach Pit iterations have caused me to rave about the "juiciness" and the "fresh", "ripe" qualities, this year's Peach is a study in what a "quiet" peach can be. It's not food or gourmand- it's a dry, delicate scent that removes the edible aspects, so that it comes across like a skin musk that happens to be extracted from a peach- or the pith near the stone at the center. What it loses in the kind of brash immediacy of previous years, it gains in being subtle, adult, and frankly gorgeous. And in a 3-out-of-3 tries, it elevates the scent and the experience each time.

After settling in, this scent, in this hair gloss, is something that I didn't even know I was missing from my (frankly? VAST) collection of BPALs. 

I could not be happier that after almost two solid decades of rabidly following this company that the always-masterful Beth can still surprise me and leave me in awe. ❤️

Final thoughts: low throw, brilliant on its own, but if you felt like layering or pairing, I'd recommend any of the bone-dry sandalwood or cacao-forward scents to add even more depth.

Peach and red bean paste?? I had to try this.

Suave Clarifying Shampoo once a day and 2-3 sprays of BPAL Hair Gloss on wet hair are all the products my hair gets these days. I have short curly hair. The oil works really well for my curls. 

The red bean paste is earthy and warm. I don't know how you would know to pair red bean and peach, but it's an amazing combo.