Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A goth awakening: waxy drugstore lipstick and clove cig residue.

This is a throwback to my aunt's lipstick from the '90s (though it was nude and not black), whose waxiness is infused with a subtle rose scent. I don't know where I'm getting rose from. Maybe it's just my skin, but something about it is vintage and familiar, while also being slightly more shadowy and mysterious than the smell of what my aunt wore back then. It's a realistic lipstick scent made slightly darker, suggesting dark lips exhaling a curl of clove cigarette smoke right outside the goth club. Does it smell like The Cure? Bauhaus? Siouxsie? The Sisters of Mercy? London After Midnight? I can't decide, but it suits all of them. 

Edited by Invidiana

Oh this is so good! I have definitely bought more than my share of black lipsticks over the years, and I really get the wax opening. The clove is present but not overwhelming. I amp clove, so this is amazing! This is a delightful nostalgic blend. Might upgrade my decant to a bottle before they come down, if I have sufficient funds.

Cherry! Cherry? ...Huh. Cherry.

And then I get the wax note and it reminds me of the first lipstick I ever had, in 7th grade. And then there's a little warm clove underneath. 

But a lot of it is that sweet scent my mind is translating as 'cherry'.

I topped it off with a little Batty Lace and it's divine. What an interesting single note! I think I'll end up blending it with other scents a lot.