Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Corpse white and bruise-purple, sacred datura is native to my west coast homeland. A seductive, heady, hypnotic bloom, as poisonous as it is beautiful.

I had to snag a bottle of this, despite not knowing what datura actually smells like. As such, I can't comment on how true it is to the flower itself.

When first applied, this smells like highly concentrated baby powder. This made me nervous, but the scent began to morph pretty quickly after application. Within a minute or two, it shifts completely to rose. It's very wet, like you've taken the entire head of a red rose at the height of bloom and crushed it tightly in your fist. 

A few minutes later, the fragrance morphs again, seeming to blend the initial powderiness with the rose. The entire effect reminds me a bit of a headier vanilla orchid. There's a hint of something green that starts to emerge around the edges, like a bit of cut stem. This adds a little sharpness that I really like.

By the 20 minute mark, it settles into a gently powdered white floral that is quite lush, with a tiny bit of bite. It's got almost a sedative quality to it. I'm lazing around in a silk robe today, and this is a great scent for that activity. Datura Blossom will be a lot of fun to layer with other scents. I'm particularly curious about how it will mingle with Philopannyx, as well as Rosebuds, Mushrooms, and Moss. Something with violet in it might be fantastic with this.

If you like white florals, then this could be for you. If not, I'd try out a decant before committing to a bottle.

Testing my decant and my first take: oh this smells like poison! There's a vague undertone of almost a lye note here, but sweet and sticky. The floral note isn't the kind of white floral that screeches into my sinuses! It's seductive and pulls you in for a closer sniff. I literally sniffed so close that I accidentally touched my nose to my wrist! After drydown, the scent dries down to a purplish floral all right, only a hint of powder here. This is deceptively lovely! 

This is gorgeous. I had no idea what datura itself smelled like, but the closest thing I can compare this scent to is a fleshy white lily - it has that same sense of body and life. There's more green here, making it feel fresh and wet. I found this enthralling and am so happy I bought a bottle.

This impression of chlorinated florals, aquatic honey, and a slight mineral effervescence is not at all what I expected... although I think this is going to be a summertime favorite! This is a midsummer fever dream, foamed with flowers, pearled with light. Narcotic petals lounging poolside: honey-sweet poisonous blooms take a dip in cerulean waters at high noon in mid-July, and they’re floating on neon pool noodles and drinking slightly flat but icy-cold Topo Chico. For those who appreciate such things, this one reminds me a bit of the long-discontinued Danube.