Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A fragrant melange of foam insulation board, PVC pipes, jigsaw grease,

stone-textured spray paint, and polyurethane sealant.

Edited by Jenjin

For once, I'm delighted to be first! This was my most desired Weenie scent this year, and one of only two that I blind bottled. I haven't seen much chatter about this one, despite my own excitement.

...Am I so out of touch? 🤔

No. It's the community that is wrong! 😜

Fresh on the skin, Insulation Board Tombstone is camphorous and a little unexpectedly smokey. It gives the impression of something off-gassing fumes, with an edge of sweetness that is halfway between pine needles and chemical sealant. Up next, I get a bit of plastic undercurrent and I believe a whiff of machine oil. This may have a grease note in common with Artificier. 

I think the off-gassing camphorous smell must be the foam itself. The blend of notes makes this too hard to place as being any one specific thing, though each be picked out individually if you're looking. It's a perfect gothy industrial blend. It puts me in mind of Tetsuo: The Iron Man. Simultaneously, to me there's something sweetly nostalgic about it. I think it gives off kind of an ambient garage vibe, which feels like a family project in preparation for Halloween. As it wears, the smokiness becomes more prominent and the off-gassing foam settles down significantly. 

Overall, Insulation Board Tombstone is totally bizarre and shockingly wearable. If you're a fan of industrial fragrances, this one is definitely worth a try. 

Very evocative and chemical smelling. I can really smell the sealant, as I've been married for 48 years to a man who refinishes furniture and uses many sealants. This smell exactly like it's described. Stays true on the drydown too. More of something I enjoy as an example of Beth's expertise at creating atmospherics and odd scents than something I will actually wear. 

Edited by Poenari