Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
doomsday_disco

My Soul Acquiesced in It

Melancholic white rose petals drifting in a pool of white musk, bitter almond, and icy vanilla.

A strange melancholy was stealing over me, a melancholy that I would not have interrupted. Dim thoughts of death began to open, and an idea that I was slowly sinking took gentle, and, somehow, not unwelcome, possession of me. If it was sad, the tone of mind which this induced was also sweet.

Whatever it might be, my soul acquiesced in it.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR8Mx3Bt8duvgabaClsXhY

I blind bottled this one and have no regrets.

My initial thoughts upon reading the notes were that this might be in the same perfume family as scents like The Girl, Ava, and Tomie. But actually: IT'S BASICALLY A WHITE ROSE SNOW WHITE SWIRLED WITH SOME WHITE MUSK. (So it's different enough from Pink Snowballs to own both.) My brother and I were swooning over this.

Rose + Snow White fans: REJOICE. People that had high hopes for this but don't love Snow White: sorry if this review crushed your dreams.

I can see this being very popular.

This is so pretty. 🤍 I blind bottled thinking this would be like Tomie or Ava, and it has that fancy, cold vibe to it, but it also has a similar creamy, chilled vanilla as Snow White. I'm fairly neutral about white musk but I think it's really nice here, kind of floating and delicate. Overall this is a soft, cool, sweet rose that I think will be enjoyable for fans of Knave of Snowflakes, Katrina Van Tassel, and From Whose Eyes as They Glance Flowed Love. 

I adore this one, but have been having some difficulty describing it! I also haven't (yet) tried Snow White, so can't speak to the comparison others have made, though I am now quite eager to try it.

My Soul Acquiesced in It goes on intensely almond and vanilla, with a hint of rose and a slight dusty edge to it. As it dries, the elements smooth out and balance, with the rose and musk much clearer, the almond and vanilla adding sweetness but not at all like something edible. Color-wise, this feels like it shifts between cream, pale pink, and sheet-white.

There is indeed something icy and liquid about this, as the notes describe, pretty and elegant but slightly remote - it definitely works for me as the ambivalent intoxication of vampiric hypnosis. This is very, very feminine, in a way that feels very good and right for me but may not for everyone. I keep wanting to wear it everyday, and having to remind myself of my other scents!