Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Jenjin

Dead Leaves, Burnt Marshmallows, Clove Cream, and Whiskey

I had a small hope this might overlap with my old Gorobble - think it's not going to be quite that.

In the bottle: like spicy wet dead leaves

Wet on the skin:  there's something sweet coming up, but it's mostly spicy dead leaves, they don't smell like wet leaves anymore, though.

Dry down:  the burnt marshmallow never came out for me, not much I would identify as whiskey, either. The clove cream is definitely on top - I think I might amp clove, though? Dead leaves settle down in the background, present, a bit crunchy, but definitely second fiddle to clove cream.

In the bottle: Smoky and spice heavy, overwhelmingly clove and a subtle fruitiness I attribute to the whiskey.

Wet on skin: The sweetness starts to come out, still clove-heavy, but there are layers to the scent and a deeper earthy-ness.

Dried down, an hour later: Clove has balanced with sweetness, with a hint of smoke - the burnt marshmallow. The fruitiness comes at the end, met with the earthy smell I assume to be the dead leaves. I feel like I'm in a bubble of scent that is very spice-forward, but deeply reminds me of autumn. A wonderful scent that I will be wearing all season.