Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
doomsday_disco

Bodegón Con Cesto de Frutas, Melocotones, Granadas Y Bernegal

Peaches, pomegranates, black figs, baked red clay, and cacao spiced with chili peppers and sweetened with honey.

BODEGÓN CON CESTO DE FRUTAS, MELOCOTONES, GRANADAS Y BERNEGAL

Juan de Zurbarán

The end result is spicy fruit, waaaay more spicy than fruit, and it's quite a ride to get there. It reminds me a little of the Tajin-spiced fruit gummies, without the lime.

In the bottle, fresh off the doorstep: it's dry cacao with chili - not sweet at all. There's a little bit of fig and a little bit of honey hiding underneath.

Immediately on the skin: at first there is a hesitant bit of fruit, and then BAM chili peppers. The cacao is there too, but the chili peppers dominate this. It's like walking into a kitchen in New Mexico. It holds strong for a good ten minutes before the peach finally makes an appearance, and then it sweetens up a little, but the chilis are still there grabbing you by the nose hairs. The cacao has now mostly faded. I'm impressed by how much punch the chilis still have, though. I was a little worried about the fig because BPAL fig frequently doesn't play nice with my chemistry, but it is buried at the bottom of the fruit basket being generally inoffensive. The peach fades quickly into a more generic fruit aroma, nothing that I could say was pomegranate.

This is such an interesting scent!