Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
autumn24

The Queen of Hearts

Maybe I just got an odd batch, but the frimp I got of this with my order (shipped last week and arrived yesterday) is CHERRIES!!! All cherry all the time, with a candied sweetness I honestly find kind of off-putting. The cherry scent was so strong that I couldn't even bring myself to put it on, so I have no idea how it evolves, but I am going to put it away for a while and see if the cherries calm down.

This is initially fruity but has a weird undertone. Kind of smells like bathroom cleaner, which I think is from the floral! The cherry is a muted dusty cherry 

Not for me!

In the vial and on initial application I get cherry cough syrup, cloying and sharp to the point that I thought I might have to wash it off. But after a few minutes the cherry starts to calm through and the lily comes through - majestic and mature, with the cherry just an off-kilter hint in the background, and I like it quite a bit. It matches the character, which I didn't expect - I thought a scent for her would require roses, but this is actually more fitting, slightly weird with some aggression in the cherry, but also the charismatic queen who draws Alice in. This won't be something I'd wear for everyday occasions, but for a weekend trip to a botanic garden then baking tarts it's a great choice.

All these years and I've never reviewed this one! Remedied.

I didn't look up the notes first, and assumed that this would be a heavily rose scent. WRONG! Upon application, woah! Lots of cherry, or perhaps almond, as those notes are quite interchangeable on my skin. Unfortunately so, as they typically don't work on me and become a scrubber. Let's look it up before proceeding further. 

Yep, cherry. Yikes. Urinal cakes to me. 😭. I will wait it out for a bit before washing it off.  Ok, that blast subsided quicker than I expected! Ahh, there's the lilies. I get more Calla lily than the lily of the valley note as a secondary note. I'm not sure what stephanotis smells like. 

Upon drydown, this has become a very lovely floral, and that rare white floral that doesn't interfere with my sinuses. I'm glad that I waited this out! It's very pretty and quite sweet on my skin, not a scrubber at all. I find this Queen to be quite girly and she has definitely not cut off my head! Very wearable when seeking a fresh sweet floral.