Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
donkehpoo

The Serpentine Hair Gloss

Photographs, videos they don't do justice to the love that I feel for my girl. The quiet of this moment was special. We weren't speaking; it was just a dad and his daughter together, enjoying the fleeting time of youth, and all was right in the world. I hope she remembers these special times when she looks back on her childhood. I know that I will never forget them.

Dorian, Lilith's lavender, snowdrops, and soft vanilla.

Omg.

Gorgeous lavender-vanilla with a sprinkling of Dorian.

Im not a huge fan of lavender; I only seem to like it when its mixed with vanilla to kind of tone it down. While the lavender is the star of the show here, its a toned down and non-herbal lavender-vanilla.

Winner!

I did not vote for the hair gloss, and I debated on whether or not I really needed a bottle since I already have Dorian HG and Lilith’s HG to pair with The Serpentine, but I ended up buying a bottle, thinking I could use it as both a hair gloss and as a linen spray. Well, it smelled so wonderful on my pillow that I knew I needed it in atmo form so it would be stronger on my linens. :P

When this is freshly applied, Dorian’s tea is the first thing I get. Then the lavender and snowdrops show up, and the vanilla note emerges after a bit but never ends up being a main player in my hair.

This is not one of the stronger hair glosses. I could still smell it in my hair faintly after a full day of wear, but it didn’t put me in a Serpentine cloud, not even when I took a shower and washed it out of my hair after having worn it two days in a row. (Some scents, like Boo HG and Eat Me, will engulf you once your hair gets near the steam and hot water.)

I am happy to have it, as I love The Serpentine and am happy to have it in ALL THE THINGS, but I have to say that the bath oil is my favorite of the Serpentine lunacy poll offerings.

I also love The Serpentine and had to have the hair gloss—and this doesn't disappoint. It's a fluffy lavender with Dorian, a light floral, and vanilla. The effect is of a downy, creamy lavender with a killer Dorian-tinged trail. Another hair gloss that's perfect to spray when I shower shortly before bed, as the smell of this on the pillow is very soporific!

I'm on a bit of a lavender kick, and I'm really glad I got this one. A gently herbal-floral lavender paired with the old cool-toned Dorian with a bit of extra vanilla. This really makes me miss the Lilith updates. Just gorgeous and perfect as a sleep scent. Goodnight💜