Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A variety of Vesuvianite, also known as California Jade. A scent that is moss-green and crystalline, with a hint of fern.

I love the mineral theme of this year's anniversary blends. I had to try one called California Jade.

First applied, this is quite pretty. I find a lot of mossy greenery and a crystalline hint of spearmint. The greenery reads as a bit aquatic and damp, but in a fresh way. Behind these hangs an airy musk -- perhaps a white musk. I hope this doesn't turn white-musk powdery. 

In drydown, this is a soft, mossy-green spearmint. It goes a little powdery, but doesn't get crazy. 

Occasionally... I seem to catch a little anise lingering in this mild green haze after it dries.

This is a mild greenery and mint blend that becomes a bit powdery and herbal when dry.

My decanter accidentally sent me Californite Phoenix instead of Colemanite; it's not in my usual wheelhouse, but I'm super glad I got to try this one.  My experience was quite different from that of Casablanca, though I do concur on the airy musk.  I didn't get mint at all; instead, on me Californite was a perfumey green moss blend.  I couldn't pick fern out of a lineup, but there's definitely a greenery note here, and fougere is French for fern.  This didn't morph on me; it had good throw, which is rare with my skin chemistry, and decent staying power.  Elegant green fougere.  

Wet: I smell like a forest! All it needs is a little redwood and I'm Yosemite when it rains.  The minty green note ran out in a hurry.

Dry

L wrist - still forest

R wrist - more rainy forest but not Washington rainy and green

Was wearing this today and realized I never reviewed it, despite liking it very much. I'm in a bit of a stream of consciousness mood so this won't be as methodical and prolonged as I usually prefer my reviews to be.

Anyway, I am so glad I took the chance and blind bottled this when it came out. It is bright, clean, fresh, and green earthy.

For those who care, I would classically describe this as a stereotypically masculine, or gender neutral scent. It smells expensive, in a good way, and I think I'm becoming severely attracted to my own wrist. :wub2:

Wearing it makes me feel like a magical forest druid.

10/10 would consider buying again.